One of the most important aspects of a BDC is the script or word guide that they follow. Most dealerships have their BDC reps follow a script to:
- Keep their message consistent.
- Help their sales team understand what information was presented (and what was left out.)
- Keep agents on track and make sure that calls stay between 4-6 minutes.
- Help agents feel confident that they can handle various objections.
- Sell appointments in writing and increase show rates.
- Increase showroom traffic (if they’re good).
Writing the right script is essential. A good BDC script should:
- Reassure the customer that they made the right choice by choosing your dealership.
- Promote the value of your brand and the quality of your cars.
- Empathize with the customer’s hesitations and reassure them that your team will do everything they can to help them.
- Save time for your sales team by qualifying customers and determining the type of car(s) they’re looking for.
- Set realistic expectations for your customers with a positive tone.
- Excite the customer about visiting your dealership and seeing the car they want in person.
- Keep the message on your customers. Make sure your scripts are filled with questions for your customers to answer.
- Be personable. Your BDC agent may not have to follow your scripts word for word. Let them add a little color and personality to the conversation. Better yet, encourage your team to take the script home or spend time revising the script so that it matches their persona and doesn’t sound rehearsed. (You can always approve the revisions to make sure it stays on message.)
Make sure to schedule time for role playing scripts with your agents and see how they handle any objections you throw their way. You can also play various games with your BDC staff to help increase their confidence and prepare them for challenging calls.
What sort of things does your dealership do to help agents with objections or to help staff learn their scripts? Let us know in the comments below and for more BDC tips and free resources, follow us on Facebook and never miss a post!